Independent contracting means running your own enterprise, performing work for clients as needed and getting paid on the results you deliver.
We don’t see too many independent contractors in movies and TV shows, which is understandable given how employment is the mainstream option.
So we thought we’d give a few examples of popular characters that we’d hazard would be classified as independent contractors. Check them out:
1. Frank Martin // Transporter
2. Han Solo & Chewbacca // Package delivery
3. Deadpool // Merc with a mouth
4. Bronn (Game of Thrones) // Bodyguard
5. Nathan Drake (Uncharted series) // Marine salvage
6. Jack Sparrow // Cargo acquisition and transport
7. Jaqen H’ghar (Game of Thrones) // Impersonator
8. Geralt of Rivia (Witcher series) // Pest control
9. Sherlock Holmes & Dr. John Watson // Private investigators
10. Guardians of the Galaxy // Heroes for hire
As you can see, there are plenty of enterprising, self-employed characters in pop culture. They chose to have a go on their own, making a living doing what they love. Just a sampling of the perks of being an independent contractor!
We’re sure we’ve missed a lot of other characters who should be on this list. Let us know in the comments below or via social media 🙂
Need to speak with one of our IR Champions? Send us a message via our Contact page or simply call 1300 301 401.