We all need to take extra care this time of year especially those who work outside. As the good people at the cancer council would say….
SLIP! SLOP! SLAP! SEEK! SLIDE!
- Use a SPF30 or higher sunscreen.
- Slap on a hat! The bigger the better.
- Seek shade!
- Slide on some sunglasses!
- Drink more water!
When you spend a lot of time in the sun some helpful tips are to choose clothing that:
- Covers as much skin as possible e.g. long sleeves and high necks/collars.
- Is made from close weave materials such as cotton, polyester/cotton and linen.
- Is dark in colour to absorb UV rays. White and lighter colours reflect UV onto skin.
More information about Sun Safety here.
Sun Smart accessories are available through retail outlets and online. Remember that these are also tax deductible products.